Every day our lives get busy. When we are younger we don't think about it much but try and cram as much into life as we can thinking it will satisfy our desires but as I grow older and as my Reiki practice becomes richer I realize that these twelve "Zen Things" leave me more satisfied in life than all the reckless, spinning out of control things the me did in my younger years. If you feel you need some grounding try these 12 Zen Things and slowly integrate them daily; you don't need to do it overnight but develop into habits one day at at a time.
1. Do one thing at a time.
2. Do it slowly and deliberately.
3. Do it completely.
4. Do less.
5. Put space between things.
6. Develop rituals.
7. Designate time for certain things.
8. Devote time to sitting.
9. Smile and serve others.
10. Make cleaning and cooking become meditation.
11. Think about what is necessary.
12. Live simply.